Growing Pains

Last night Cruz woke up around 1am saying his leg was hurting. He’s having a lot of “growing pains” lately and it feels good when he needs me. I comforted him and massaged his leg until he fell asleep. This also reminds me of when I was little. I used to have a lot of growing pains too and my sister Silvia would always massage my legs until I fell asleep. Sometimes I wish I could start all over. I don’t think I would change much but maybe I could find the cancer sooner. It’s not like my doctors were negligent or anything. I had just had a full physical including a breast exam about a year before my diagnosis. My cancer is a grade 3 cancer which means it grows really fast. I guess I was just too stupid. I didn’t check myself. A simple self-breast exam could’ve helped me. So, my lesson to all of you is to check your breasts or have your spouse/partner do it for you. It could save your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings