Braided Hair Scarf Tutorial for People with Hair Loss Due to Cancer





Hair is very important for a girl and not having hair can be traumatic. It was for me and to this day I still struggle with my hair loss. I feel like my hair is growing so slowly that I get frustrated at times. During chemo treatment I wore a lot of scarves because I wasn’t comfortable wearing wigs. I like wigs but not every day. Plus, scarves just worked better at work. You do a lot of moving around as a nurse and I felt like the wig just got in the way. One of my co-workers decided to show me how to put on a scarf the way they do it in her country of Kenya. I loved it so much that I wore the scarf this way throughout most of my chemo treatment and after. So, now I’ve decided to show you how tie a scarf on your head and still look beautiful.


First you will need a long scarf (about 62inches length x 21 inches width). I usually like to get them at Old Navy, Gap or Target. They seem to be the most affordable especially when they’re on sale and they have a variety of colors and designs. You also want a thin cotton material. It’s harder to tie them around your head when they’re a thick cotton material. Take a look at the step by step picture tutorial below.



Now take a look at the video tutorial. Hope you enjoy! Thanks Heather from Poppy Haus for helping with the video!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings