Update

7 radiation treatments down, 23 more to go. So far I’m not having any side effects but I was told to expect side effects after about 2 weeks. I have been feeling pain in my liver though which scares me. Occasionally my liver hurts and the doctors are not sure why since all my scans have come back NED since last November. Maybe it’s just damage from chemo or it could be the cancer coming back which is my biggest fear. Maybe it’s all the stress from the past month and a half. Who knows. I’m trying not to let my fears take over but at night it’s really difficult not to let my mind wander to those thoughts. During the day I’m distracted so I don’t think about it as much.

My most beautiful distraction is my son. I love being home from work and spending all this time with him. Walking him to and from school, taking him to the park, helping him with his homework, and being able to go to ALL of his soccer games is the best. Of course, he still has his moments of moodiness but I still love him. I have to enjoy these moments because in less than 2 months I have to go back to work. Just thinking about it makes me miss him. I usually work in the evenings but I am really hoping to find something in the daytime because that would work best with his school schedule. I do love my job. I have to think long term though and spending time with my son is priority. My boss has been very understanding of my situation and I am so grateful for that. I know that if she could give me a day shift she would but for now I just have to wait and be patient I guess. My co-workers have been awesome as well by showing me support. So, thank you guys!


For now I am just trying not to focus too much on the pain. I have a scan coming up in October so I’ll know for sure if anything is going on in my liver. Let’s all hope that I am still NED. That would be the best news. I don’t have time to die young. I’m certain that something good is coming my way though, because I keep seeing shooting stars. So everyone send some positive energy my way. I would very much appreciate it. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings