Countdown Begins

Only 6 more radiation treatments left! So excited and can’t wait to be done. It really interrupts my morning and I can’t wait to have my time back. Morning radiation makes it difficult to set up appointments at UCSF but I’d rather do morning radiation than afternoon ones. I think my skin handled the radiation well and after trying calendula cream following a friend’s suggestion it feels so much better. My skin is starting to peel like a sunburn but it’s not too bad. And as soon as I get home and I know I’m not going anywhere the bra comes off so that my skin can get a break from the elastic. Hopefully my skin will go back to its normal color because right now my skin is “crispy” (I think that’s a new color) with a few scabs around my nipple.

 I have to acknowledge the staff in the radiation office. They have been so nice and supportive. I love being a patient when the staff is awesome. I also have favorite nurses at UCSF. Obviously I love all my chemo nurses from the 6th floor and I definitely have my favorites on the 4th floor where I currently receive my infusions every three weeks. My next infusion appointment is coming up the day after tomorrow and tomorrow I get to see my oncologist to go over my treatment plan and all my test results in person. I will also get paper copies of all my results. I recommend this to everyone who has to deal with an illness. It’s a good idea to keep a binder with all your medical records. I think I’ve already started on my second binder. I also keep all my medical bill payment receipts and have a friend who makes all the important financial calls for me since it causes me too much stress. Billing offices make a lot of mistakes and I think it helps that I am a former medical biller and have a former co-worker that can help me through the hell that is caused by medical bills.
I wish my life could be a little more “normal” but for now I’ll take what I have. I have my adorable son and family at my side, nice hair, and a clean bill of health until my next scan in 3-4 months. There’s only one source of stress in my life right now (other than medical bills) and I am trying my absolute best not to let it get to me but sometimes it’s so hard. I’m just trying to focus on finishing radiation and getting some energy back before I go back to work. 6 more to go and then I get to ring the bell!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings