Family Weekend

I had a good weekend with my family. We celebrated my niece's birthday by having a family barbecue and watching movies. I love them all so much which made me start to think about how much they really understand about my diagnosis. One of my brother's mentioned that one of his co-workers had a brother with terminal cancer and somehow we talked about my own diagnosis and how I have incurable cancer. My brother didn't realize that my cancer is incurable. He believed that I was cured and I wish with all my heart that I could be cured but I can't. The best to hope for is to have a long periods of no evidence of disease with each treatment in order to prolong my life. If I'm cured, it would be a miracle that I would embrace. 

I usually don't like talking about my diagnosis with my family. In a way, I like to pretend that everything's normal when I'm around them. I only let a few family members see me bald when I was going through chemo. I guess in a way I was kind of in denial and sometimes I wonder if I still am. Those first few weeks after finding out my diagnosis were horrible but after awhile I just got into a rhythm of working and going to chemo. I didn't have time to think about dying but as time progressed that's all I could think about. I wondered every day what was going to become of my son after I was gone. Leaving my son is my biggest fear and the part of this diagnosis that I worry about the most. I really don't want to leave him. He needs me to be here for him and provide him with a stable home which is something that I strongly believe he won't have if I'm not here for him. I wish and pray every day that I can at least make it until he graduates high school. I know it's a lot to ask but pray with me that my wish will come true.




At the birthday party. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings