Let's Be Brave

The Thanksgiving holiday is over and I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it. My niece came to stay with me to help out since my son was off of school for a whole week, so on Thanksgiving Day we spent it together eating good food and watching movies. This evening we wrapped a few presents and later this week I will get a package delivered which I can’t wait to wrap because it’s my son’s Christmas present. I think he’s gonna love it.

I am thankful that I get to spend another year of holidays with my family. Both my niece and my nephew helped me out a lot during my chemotherapy last summer and I am grateful every day for them. Support from your loved ones is the best feeling and since I didn’t get that from my significant other at the time it was nice to have people around me that did love and support me. Especially since I was still working and I felt like I didn’t have time to relax and reflect on everything that was going on. People still ask me how I could still work while going through chemo and to be honest I wasn’t sure that I could do it when I first got my diagnosis but I really didn’t have a choice. I had no paid leave available to me at the time and I was the sole provider in my household, so I did it. When it comes down to it I think anyone can do it. It’s not the ideal situation but you do what you have to do.

And here I am, one year after my last chemo and I am so happy to still be here with no evidence of disease. I don’t know for how long but I am grateful for each day that I get to spend with my son and family. I’m just going to continue to be brave and take things one day at a time. I was listening to the song “Brave” by Sara Bareilles and it reminded me to continue to say what I feel and not care so much about what other people think or say to me. I’m sure everyone has that one person in their lives that tries their best to bring you down but I really don’t have time for that. I’m keeping my loved ones close to my heart and I will try to live the rest of my life to the fullest. Happy Holidays! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings