New Hair



I decided to take out my extensions for awhile. My scalp is just too sensitive right now and having the extensions was actually starting to hurt. So, I decided to give my scalp a break and go natural. Although I loved the extensions because it reminded me of how it feels to have long hair, it is also liberating to be able to get ready so quickly in the morning. I just need some time to learn how to style my new short hair. Cruz loves it too. First thing he said when he saw me after I took out the extensions was "I like your hair". I'll take that as a huge compliment because not very many 7 year old boys would even notice it. He said it was longer than he thought it would be. I still think it's growing very slowly though. 

Other than my hair, things have been quiet which is nice. I don't need anymore bad news. I have been having a lot of pain recently in all the areas where I had cancer but I'm trying to think positive that everything is still okay. I think I'm always going to have pain in those areas. Between the cancer cells trying to destroy my body and the toxic drugs used to kill them, I'm pretty sure I'll keep feeling the side effects for the rest of my life. New pain might scare me more because that could mean it's spreading even more but I guess I really shouldn't be thinking about that. I'm just going to try and enjoy my new hair and my NED status for as long as I can. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings