Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day

It's officially Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Before cancer, this was just another day for me and now I'm part of it. Kind of surreal. I never thought the words "I have cancer" would ever come out of my mouth but they did. And I don't just have cancer, I have metastatic cancer. The incurable kind. I think that's the one part that most people don't understand and I don't mind talking about it either. In fact I would prefer for people to ask about it because then I feel like I'm educating them about something that isn't really talked about. I know more about metastatic breast cancer than I would like but this is the life that has been chosen for me so I have to just go with the flow for now.  

I just wish I didn't have so many things to worry about right now. Cancer has changed my life in so many ways and sometimes it is a lot to handle. I am not any stronger because of it. I am just me and I'm sure you feel like you wouldn't be able to handle something like this but believe me, you can. Some days are harder than others but you go on. You live. The financial part of breast cancer is difficult though which is why I do have a go fund me website to hopefully help with some of the medical costs that come up now and in the future. As I get worse, the financial costs will only increase and I have to prepare for that. I'm a single mom and the only one bringing in an income in my home so there's only so much I can do to stretch my money. So, please visit my website at this address http://www.gofundme.com/4pstus or click this link. It's actually kind of embarrassing that I have a website for this but cancer is a humbling experience. You can also donate to www.metavivor.org. Here's the link. They're an organization that focuses on research for metastatic breast cancer. 

I just want to live. That's all. Is that too much to ask for?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings