2 Years NED

I can't believe it's November already! Time keeps flying by. On November 4, 2012 I received my last dose of Taxol and started my maintenance therapy for my cancer. I have been on maintenance therapy for two years and have been NED for two years. I am so grateful for this. To be honest, I wasn't so sure if I would make it this far. Statistics say the survival rate for my diagnosis is 2 years. Can you believe that? Two years. That's definitely not enough time. Cruz needs me. Kids need their Mami's. I'm so happy that I'm still here watching him grow up. 

I have a scan coming up and I'm hoping that my maintenance therapy is still working. These medications better still be working because I'm not risking my heart for nothing. My medications can cause heart failure so it better be worth it. I should celebrate, shouldn't I? This is a milestone. I've surpassed the two year survival rate and I hope for many more years to come my way. But who will celebrate with me other than Cruz? Maybe it'll be a celebration just for two. Or should I wait until after my scan?

I just want to live and have fun. If only I had the time and money to go places I've always wanted to go. It would be so nice if I could actually go out of the country on vacation. At this time, it's hard for me to even get a day off of work. Oh well, as long as I get to spend time with Cruz, I'll be happy. I just wish I could give him some unforgettable experiences with me that he'll carry in his memories after I'm gone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings