Does Anyone Still Care?

The good news is that I had my scan on Monday and everything is good. Still NED! I'm really happy about that but at the same time I feel guilty because I'm doing so well. There are other women in my cancer groups that aren't doing so well and it sucks. Cancer sucks! Too many young people dying from this stupid disease. Eventually it'll be my turn but I hope that it's a long time from now. 

Sometimes I wonder how many people still even care about my updates. I think people take it for granted that my scans have been good for so long and they forget that it's never really over for me. It's a constant battle physically, emotionally and mentally. Lately it's been extremely overwhelming but this bit of good news this week has already lifted some of the heavy weight off my shoulders. My oncologist and I have come to the decision that it's time for me to take some time to regroup and get a break from the stress from my job. It's not the job that's stressful; it's the politics and I don't have time to be anyone's target. I'm a damn good nurse and I don't want anyone to ever doubt that. I'm just hoping that I find a better fit for me soon with a more supportive environment for my health. Having cancer is a full time job which means I have 3 full time jobs. Nurse, mom and cancer. It would definitely help to have a partner at home to help me but I have to remember that I'm strong. I can do it.

These next few months I'm going to focus on my health and spending time with Cruz. I'm also looking forward to meeting new friends at the Metastatic Breast Cancer conferences that I will be attending. And I will be on a plane for the first time in my life! Can you believe that? 34 years old and I've never been on a plane. Wait, did I say 34, I meant 29. ;) Maybe this means that I will get to go to Europe one day now that I'm finally getting on a plane. I'll add this to my Wishes to Come True List. Here a couple of pictures from my scan on Monday.

Paper Crane tree at the radiology office. I want one! 

Getting my Radioactive Super Powers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings