Medical Leave

Getting my infusion. #livingwithcancer

I've been on medical leave for a couple of weeks now and I've been sick for half that time. When I get sick now, it just lasts longer thanks to my compromised immune system. I guess it could be worse. I'll take a cough/cold any day as long as it doesn't progress to pneumonia. It's actually been kind of boring being home because since I've been sick I haven't had much time to go hiking or run my errands.

I've just been feeling so tired lately and my bones ache so much especially my stupid shoulder. I wish I could say that it will get better and I know that it will, temporarily anyway. At least my liver pain has decreased so I guess that's good. I think the stress from work was just really aggravating all of my symptoms so it's nice to have this break to just focus on feeling better. The highlight of my leave so far is getting my cancer treatments. And thankfully Cruz's dad has stepped up to the plate and has really been helping me out a lot with my appointments. 

I spent my day at UCSF yesterday getting my Herceptin/Perjeta infusion. I actually really like my infusion days. I got to talk to all the nurses who are awesome and I got to spread the word on my new 3D Fiber Lash Mascara venture. If you want to check it out go to my website www.youniqueproducts.com/CatalinaTamayo. I am now an independent presenter. It's nice because I can do it from home and since I've been feeling like crap it's nice to be able to do something from home and still spend time with Cruz. And I can also have awesome lashes. LOL. Even if I feel like crap I can still look good, right?

So much to do and so little time, it seems. These next 3 months are going to fly by and then I'll return to work. Hopefully someplace new though. I've been looking like crazy. I just really need a change and I want to work for someone who understands my situation and doesn't try to drag me down. I would actually love to make the change and become an oncology nurse. After everything I've been through and working with cancer patients in rehab I know that I could relate to people in that situation and provide that support that only cancer patients understand. I just need someone to give me the chance to make the change. There's so many things I want to do in this lifetime and I hope I have the opportunity to do them.


Sitting in my heated, massage chair getting my infusion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings