One Year Older!

One week ago, on August 12 I turned one year older! This is actually kind of exciting because I didn't think I would be here today when they told me I had Metastatic Cancer 3 years ago. I remember them saying that statistics show that the average life span after diagnosis is 2 years. So, yeah, I am happy to get the opportunity to get older. Of course....can you tell my body to stay looking young please? I want to get older but still look 25 without surgery. If only chemo and targeted therapies had restorative properties that kept our bodies from aging without dying. I mean, if it's going to make us feel like shit, it could at least help us look amazing. But no. Instead it makes us feel and look like shit. At least I'm still alive though and I hope to get older. I also hope to have at least one more party on my birthday in my lifetime. I think I've only had about 2 real birthday parties in my life. One when I was 7 and of course when I was 15 I had my quinceñera. I didn't have the church ceremony though. Just the party so I didn't get the fancy dress or the rented hall. I wanted to but I wanted to save my family money.

I grew up poor so I was always concerned about money and whether or not we had enough to survive so I opted not to get the fancy quinceñera. I just want to have one more party. Maybe next year. I feel like I need to come up with more exciting things to do. I want to travel more and do things that make me step out of my comfort zone. I feel like I haven't been to enough places and I haven't gotten to where I want to be in my career yet. I have too many things to do before I die. I just need time. 

Comments

  1. Happy birthday!! (A little late). May you have lots and lots of time to do the things you want to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings