New Beginnings...Again

I have officially resigned from my job. I hate to quit on something but the management and the organization were wearing me down. I just don't need that negative and toxic environment in my life. The past two years at that place were horrible. I feel like I let them win by leaving but at the same time I feel like this weight has been lifted off of me. The only thing keeping me there were the health benefits and now that they took that away there's no reason for me to stay. The way they have treated me is just not right. I know it's the same for other employees but people need their jobs. I'm just disappointed I guess and sad that I don't get to say goodbye to the coworkers that did support me. I need to work for an organization that accepts my cancer and accommodates my needs when the time comes. You'd think that a healthcare organization would understand that the best. But anyway....

I am now going to work for a different hospital. So far the people I have met have been super nice. Unfortunately it's only an on-call position so I don't get health benefits but I need to work so I'll take it. Plus, it's a good organization that has a high employee satisfaction rate. That's always a good thing to know. I just hope that it can lead to a beneffitted position soon because even though I'm working, my health insurance is still expensive. I have no choice but to purchase a health plan right now because I can't stop my cancer treatments. If I do, my cancer will grow out of control. My cancer treatments are the only thing keeping the cancer from taking my life anytime soon. It's a scary thought that my life depends on health insurance at this moment and to be honest I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for it. I just really hope I can find a benefitted position soon and I'm hoping to stay with this organization. They have hospitals everywhere so I would be able to transfer to a different town if needed. I'm getting to a point though where I'll take a job at any hospital in any town that offers me benefits except for the one I just left. 

If anyone has any connections please let me know. And if anyone would like to help out check out my Gofund Me link at https://www.gofundme.com/4pstus. I hate that this link exists because I hate asking for help. I really do. It's embarrassing which is why I don't promote it often. I'm just hoping that this new path I'm on leads to good things for Cruz and I. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings