Scan Update

I guess you need an update don't you. Some of you may be anxiously waiting to hear the results of my PET-CT scan which I had this past Monday. Well, the results are in and apparently I am NED!!! No Evidence of Active Disease at this moment. The spot in my breast has resolved itself but there is something on my liver which they believe is just a liver hemangioma. Considering that my cancer metastasized to my liver I don't quite enjoy having a hemangioma because all I can think about is that it could possibly trigger the cancer in my liver to become active. And that's not something I want because cancer in the liver hurts...and burns. It doesn't feel good. The pain that I have right now is enough, I don't want the burning to come back. 

Otherwise I am extremely happy and grateful with my results. I am grateful to have more time with Perjeta and Herceptin. They're my two best friends right now. They're keeping that cancer nice and stable without growth and killed that spot in my breast from my last scan. Unfortunately I'm still having health insurance issues but for now I'm just gonna focus on my good scans. Now just in case you're wondering here's the definition of a hemangioma according to the Mayo Clinic: Liver hemangioma (he-man-jee-O-muh) is a noncancerous (benign) mass that occurs in the liver. A liver hemangioma is made up of a tangle of blood vessels. Below are some pictures of my long Monday.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings