Why I HATE Checking My Mail

Lately I dread checking my mail. Sometimes I'll go a whole week not checking it because all I want to do is cry as I look through the stack of medical bills that keep coming. It's a stressful event. I look through them and I know that some of them are mistakes but not all of them. And even if they are mistakes, the process of having to call the billing office to have them billed correctly is overwhelming! I just haven't been able to handle it lately. And to top it off, I'm losing my health insurance. To go into the details is too much at the moment but let's just say that the job that gives me health benefits is not exactly supportive. I now have to pay for it and the price is definitely high. Most likely over $700 a month. And no, I don't qualify for anything much cheaper because of my income last year. Yes, nurses make good income but for a cancer patient it is NOT enough. Even if I made the tightest budget ever, it still wouldn't be enough to pay off this growing debt. Being a cancer patient is SUPER EXPENSIVE! 

I have no choice but to try and find a way to pay for health insurance. I can't just stop having cancer treatment. The sad part is that I'm not the only one with these problems. Many cancer patients are going through the same thing. We constantly face these types of decisions. The cost of treatment is so expensive but we have no choice but to go into debt in order to live. Why can't we just find a cure already? It would be nice to get medicine for a a few months, be cured and move on with my life but for me that will never happen. And it SUCKS! 

I wasn't sure if I should write about this but this is what Metastatic Cancer looks like. The stress is never ending. Now I need to find a way to make my tight budget even tighter so I can afford health insurance until I find a job that is supportive and gives me benefits.


Seriously! This has to be a mistake, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings