Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving week is finally over. Don't get me wrong. I am grateful for so many things right now, especially my recent NED scans but it has been a stressful week. Cruz had the whole week off from school and trying to figure out daycare was not fun. He's actually happy to be back to school tomorrow. I think he gets bored easily and he enjoys seeing his friends at school. I wasn't able to go home for the holidays either because I had to work. Cruz and I ended up having our own little Thanksgiving dinner on my day off the day before Thanksgiving. We spent this weekend cleaning, putting up the Christmas tree and just being lazy watching movies and drinking hot chocolate. And to top off the week, Cruz was sick the whole weekend beginning on Thanksgiving Day. He's feeling better now and I'm glad this was my weekend off from work. 

Two years ago I wasn't sure if I would still be here watching Cruz grow up and enjoying the holidays but I am so happy that I can still enjoy these moments with Cruz. Despite it being a stressful week I am so grateful that I get to spend time with him even though I have to work. I also love that he still snuggles with me and tells me he loves me at random moments. I love seeing him happy. He has his moments of grumpiness but what person doesn't. Tomorrow it's back to work for me and school for Cruz.

This week is also going to be a long week for me. Apart from working I have to go see my oncologist for a follow up appointment and I have my infusion. One of my days off won't exactly be a day off. I hope that at least my appointments will be quick. Although, I think I may need to get TPA for my port. TPA is a drug that can be used to de-clog central lines. The past few times that I've gone for my infusion the nurses had a hard time getting good blood return so I'd rather take care of it now before it's completely stopped up. I am also hoping that I won't have a panic attack this time around. 
I think I need to start meditating so that I stop worrying so much about the things I can't control. Or maybe I just need a vacation. That would be really nice. 


Getting ready for Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings