Good Cries and Blessings

I think everyone needs a good cry once in awhile. Unfortunately for me, I think I get more than my fair share of tears. I don't think most people realize how tough it is to live with cancer and how it affects every single aspect of your life. To be honest, I don't think people want or care to know. People are happy living in their own bubbles which is fine but reach out every once in awhile. That's all I'm saying. I just wish that I could go on an actual vacation to leave all of this behind for a few days and enjoy myself. Hawaii sounds nice, doesn't it? 

So far being home on medical leave hasn't been as relaxing as I hoped. It's nice to actually get a little more rest and my pain isn't bothering me as much but there's still the financial stress that just won't go away. It's difficult not to worry about it but I'm really trying not to let it take over my thoughts on a daily basis. I should go out on walks more so that I can clear my mind and get some exercise at the same time. I think I just need to rethink what I really want in this life and what's actually important. I'm also starting to figure out who is willing to stick by my side through these tough times and unfortunately it's a fewer number of people than I thought. There are many people that I thought would be there but I haven't heard from them since I got sick. It still makes me sad to think about it but I guess I have to move on from that.

Meeting and getting to know people living with cancer has truly been a blessing. Sad at times but still a blessing. I would never change it because we learn from each other. We're there for each other when we get bad news and we're there for each other when we get good news. They're the only ones that truly get it and I'm happy to know each and every one of them. 

Comments

  1. <3. Do things at your pace. Take the time. Heal, relax and then find whatever works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings