Back To School

I'm officially back in school to get my Master's Degree. So far it's a lot of work but it makes me feel really good every time I turn in an assignment. I feel like this time I'm finally going to accomplish my goal. I feel motivated to finish. Last time I let cancer get in the way but this time I'm not going to let that happen. Even if I show progression in the near future I am determined to finish my degree. It also feels really awesome to have a Bachelor's degree in nursing. All of my previous work to get my Master's degree should count for something, right? Now I have two Bachelor's degrees and hopefully in two years I will be a Family Nurse Practitioner. I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing but I think it's for the best for my future in my career as a nurse and a cancer patient. My body will eventually not be able to handle the physical stress of working in a hospital. Becoming a family nurse practitioner will allow me to still work in a job I love but it won't be as physically taxing as working in an acute care setting. 

So many good things happening right now yet I have no one to celebrate with me except for Cruz and one more person. I'm kind of tired of reaching out to people and not having them respond so I'm just not going to do it anymore. I've said it before, I'm tired of always making the first move. If you want to hang out with me or at least ask how I'm doing then you can call me. Otherwise, I guess I know where I stand. I'm not even sure most people I know will read this blog. To be honest, I don't think very many people do but I guess this is more for me than anything. 

But anyway, in some more good news my tumor markers are normal! That means that hopefully my upcoming scans won't show progression. Scan time is coming up soon and as always they make me nervous. I just want to be able to finish school relatively healthy. I want to continue to provide for Cruz and be here for him for as long as possible. Hopefully a really long time! I want to be one of those women that lives 15+ years with metastatic breast cancer. I actually can't believe it's been 3 years already since I was diagnosed. It feels like yesterday except that I'm finally not bald. I've been looking through old pictures and I still really miss my long hair. I'm trying to let it grow as long as possible. It's going to feel so nice to feel my hair down my back but at least it touches my shoulders now. Can my hair grow this long again but without being straightened? Actually, can I look this young again too? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings