Changes

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. There have been so many changes in my life since the last post. After being with my new oncologist for a few months, I actually really like her. I still miss UCSF but things are going well with my oncologist other than the fact that I didn't have health insurance for two months so I have basically missed chemo for 2 months. Why did I lose my health insurance? Well...it all started in October (kind of). I came home one day and Cruz's father had moved out without a word or explanation. I guess he doesn't have to tell me because I know why and if you know me, then you know why too but to leave just like that was a shit move. Since then, Cruz and I have barely seen him and I'm not sure if we ever will at this point. Won't go into details. Needless to say, Cruz and I are on our own. I ended up finding a job in my hometown and moved back home to save money but I kept my old job as per diem just in case things didn't work out.

Well, they didn't. The job was horrible. I wanted to cry every time I had to go to work. At the same time my family and I found out that my older sister was extremely ill. We took her home on hospice in December where she passed away at home in our living room on December 14, 2017. Between my siblings and I we made sure that she was comfortable until the day she died. We cremated and buried her on January 4, 2018. During that time I started working more hours in San Rafael which is about 1hr 40min away which means I have to get up at 3am to make the long commute. It's actually not that bad. I use that time in the car to reflect everything that's been going on. 

Forgot to mention that I was also in a car accident in December and could barely move my right arm without pain for a month. Wasn't in my car though, unfortunately. I really need a new car. I pray every day I go to work that I won't break down on the way there or back home. Sometimes I'll spend the night by my job with friends so that I can save my sanity from commuting every day. I love my job right now. I love the hospital, I love the people I work with and I love the Bay Area. Who knows...maybe if things keep going well, I can move back. Either way, I think Cruz and I are adjusting the best we can. 

I ended up buying a health insurance plan through covered California which started on April 1. I have an appointment on Wednesday with my oncologist to re-start treatment. I ran into her at work this weekend and she was shocked that I hadn't had chemo for two months. I guess her staff didn't communicate that with her even though I've been emailing them. Either way, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Going to spend the night in SF tomorrow with my sister so that I don't have to drive in the commuter traffic at 7am. Leaving at 4am is a lot faster than leaving here at 7am. I basically need everything done. I need new scans and an echo because I haven't had any for 6 months so here's hoping for continued stability and no new cancer growth especially since I haven't had any chemo.

So many things were going on in my life that I forgot that I needed to take care of myself. Cruz's father leaving was probably for the best. I can't be with someone that treats me like shit anymore. I need to respect myself enough to move forward and I truly think I'm ready now. The next step is to get a place of our own for Cruz and I. I really hope that things really are looking up for us and I hope that treatment goes well on Wednesday and my next scans are good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Adventures with Blood Thinners

Sticks and Stones

Hair Stylings